Here are a few of the first pics


Next, it looks as if I will be heading home thins weekend. I wish I didn't have to but I need to renew my drivers license (apparently you can't do it when you are out-of-state) and take care of some banking issues that need to be dealt with. I could wait until Spring Break but I do not want to take the risk of going a couple of weeks with an expired license in a different state, especially since the accident. I don't need to make myself vulnerable to any more unnecessary expenses.
It will be good to see the family for the weekend and the new puppy. The only bad thing is that I'll be driving about 30 hours in a 72 hour period. I guess I'm going to have to make it worth it right? It is okay though I like traveling, I just wish I wouldn't be as rushed.
On another note, so far this week has been the week from hell! One of the other para's in the school has been gone for the whole week and I have had to take over his responsibilities with a kindergartner. It has made me appreciate the kids that I work with and reminded me why I could never be a kindergarten teacher. I give them a ton of credit! I have not had the chance to look at this student's IEP yet but he has to have extreme ADHD.And I mean EXTREME! The kid has the most energy of any kid that I have ever been around. It is amazing. He is cute as hell and I find myself cracking up at a lot of the things he says and does, but he is crazy! He does all the things a normal 5 year old does but on fast forward. He sings at the top of his lungs, runs around the halls, literally runs circles around the class, and cannot sit still and focus on work. I've been exhausted after these last few days of work because I think he is trying to see how much he can get away with while working with me. He really has a hard time focusing on work and really hates handwritting(Probably because he is not that good at it). I don't think he has the best teacher (She seems kind of mean and just not all that cheerfull. She is pretty young so maybe she is just stressed out, I don't know, I haven't really had the opportunity to talk with her much.) Most of this class has him doing something with a pencil and getting him just to write his name take 15 minutes of convincing. Today I convinced him that instead of writing a story we were going to make a book and he thought that was fun. His teacher said there was probably more handwriting accomplished today than in the past month so that made me feel good. However getting that accomplished was quite the process. He threw a fit when we started handwritting and knocked over all of the books on the bookshelf, kicked the overhead projector, kicked a box full of colored pencils across the room, and screamed "I don't wanna!" in the cutest, loudest, little voice you probably will ever hear. His teachers say they have a hard time getting mad at him because he is so cute. So after that tantrum we went to the resource room where I could work with him one on one. He was way more productive without the distractions from the rest of his classmates, but he also needs to learn how to function in the regular classroom setting. I guess it it was just one of those days. The teacher I usually work with got punched in the face by a fourth-grader today and while working in the resource room with my little buddy I got to hear a few new obscenities I never knew existed (not to mention the kindergartener also heard them but I don't think he knew those words yet). Bottom line: It was a crazy day! I left the building thankful the day was over and with the tune "You gotta shake, shake, shake, your sillies out" stuck in my head on repeat. - I need a beer (or two or three or more)!




"Casey"
ReplyDelete